Who qualifies to purchase from the Online Marketplace?
Consumers Energy electric, gas or combo customers that use less than 400,000 kWh or 6,000 MCF per year.
How do I validate that I am an eligible customer?
The Online Marketplace will ask for your company name, street address and postal code to see if you’re eligible for purchases. You can validate your customer type by using the green buttons below the welcome banner or before you checkout.
Is my account username and password the same as my Consumers Energy log in?
No, you will need to create a new account with a separate username and password. If you have previously made an account but forgot your password, you can request an emailed password reset.
Is there an application process?
There is no application process needed for the Online Marketplace. Customers can purchase products with an instant rebate.
Is there a minimum or maximum amount I can buy?
Yes, based on the customer eligibility types there are limitations on products per calendar year.
- Minimum of 3 aerators per order, unless combined with other products.
- Limit 2 smart thermostats per account, per calendar year.
- Minimum of 8 LED bulbs (any combination of type) per order.
- Limit of 40 LED bulbs per account, per calendar year.
- Limit of 4 exit signs or retrofit kits per account, per calendar year
Limit 2 smart thermostats per account, per calendar year.
What payment methods are available?
Visa, MasterCard and American Express
What are the shipping and handling rates?
The Online Marketplace has free shipping and handling.
Once I validate my business address, can I change the shipping address to my home address?
Yes, you may change your shipping address. The billing address must stay as the business address you used to validate your account.
Can my purchases be shipped outside of Michigan?
No, all orders must be shipped to a Michigan address.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
You should receive your order within 7-10 business days.
Where will these products be shipped from?
The product vendor for the Online Marketplace is, AM Conservation Group, located in Charleston, SC.
When a customer makes a purchase, who does the charge come from?
The charge on your credit card will come from AM Conservation Group.
Is there an option to have my purchase added to my utility bill?
No, there is not an option to add the product charges to a customer’s utility bill. The program runs separately and a credit card must be listed at checkout to make a purchase.
How do I know if my order was received?
Once placing the order, you will receive an order confirmation email to the email you used while registering for your account. Once your order has shipped, you will receive another email with your tracking code.
How do I apply a coupon code to my order?
Coupon codes can be added during the checkout process. If a customer does not have a coupon code, it is not needed to make the purchase. Coupon codes are handed out through direct mail and direct contact with customers through other Business Energy Efficiency programs in the portfolio.
What is the return policy?
The return policy is listed below:
- Items must be returned within 45 days of invoice to be eligible for credit.
- Returned items must be received by the supplier AM Conservation Group (AMCG) in new condition and in the original packaging to be eligible for a refund.
- AMCG will send a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) documentation which must be included with shipment and RMA number printed on each package in order for returned material to be received at AMCG.
- A 20% re-stocking charge will be assessed on all returns unless the return is a result of an error made by AMCG or the product is faulty.
- Return shipping cost is the responsibility of the customer unless the return is a result of an error made by AMCG, in which case, AMCG will issue FEDEX or UPS labels to have the product picked up.
Who should I call regarding a question about my eligibility or general Online Marketplace questions?
877-607-0737 – Consumers Energy Business Energy Efficiency Programs
Ask for the Marketplace Representative for assistance
Who should I call regarding a question or change with my order?
800-777-5655 – AM Conservation Group Help Line